Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK so its been a few years since I have built a frankin motor. And in reality I am not building one this time, I am building more like a 2.5 hybrid. 

But my question is this: I forget what to order in the way of parts, because I know you have to mix and match a bit.  

Do I order belt kit for a 2000 2.2 since that is the heads I am using. And head gaskets for the 2003 2.5 block, since that is the block I am using. 

Or do I order everything for a 2000 2.5 engine since that is pretty much an 2.2 just bigger pistons. 

Or do I order everything for a 2000 2.2

Your thoughts...

And thanks. 

P.S. the build is this, which may help answer some of the questions.

2003 EJ25 block

2000 EJ22 Heads (they have the same cfm flow and design as EJ25 heads, just single port) 

2003 EJ25 cams with stage II grind. 

Edited by Mugs

Have to order head gaskets for the block to match the bore size. So you'll want 2.5 head gaskets.

Timing belt I'm not sure on the phase2 engines. I do know the blocks are all the same width, (can stick a phase2 block between phase1 heads with no other parts needed) so I would match the TB kit to the heads and call it good.