Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 91 Legacy LS, its Gray with Gray interior. I opened my car door today and this BLACK piece of plastic fell to the ground. I dont have any "Black" plastic in my car! Do you think it belongs in my car somewhere? Or do you think someone might be tampering with my car? I have no idea why this would be stuck in my door??

dyq2w4.jpg

What does the other side look like?  Can you give us dimensions or take another picture with it next to something of a known scale.

Depending on the size, it's probably the black triangle trim piece on the inside of the car that goes where the mirror attaches to the door.

The ABS on the plastic stands for Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or a type of plastic. 

You might want to just go on a treasure hunt on your car.  If you found it on the drivers side get a flashlight and look up under the dash and on the out of view side panels to see if you can tell where it might of gone.