Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm BAAAAAACK...

Three years ago my beloved '02 Outback met it's fate at the hands of a Toyota Corolla (but it took the Toy with it!) and I wound up in a used CRV. Well, two and a half weeks ago the CRV executed a perfect 360 degree three-point turn on Rt 17 in Vermont... except that two of the points were off a guard rail and a retaining wall.  :( My wife was fine, fortunately, which is really all I care about. 

However, the insurance settlement allowed me to buy another car (I was bored with the CRV, anyway) and I took home a 2006 Legacy 2.5i wagon last Friday. And this one has a 5-speed!  :clap: (first wife couldn't drive a stick... this one can.  :) ).

So... I'm back, since I'm in a Subie again. (and everyone is saying "Um... who is this guy, again?) Didn't post a whole lot before and may not post a lot now. But I figured I'd say hi.

• Like 1

Hmm. The "new" car has a bit of tweaking to do...

CEL came on Friday night. 

Left rear door handle gave a "CRUNCH" when I tried to open it last week and now it can't be opened from the OUTSIDE. (works fine from the inside!)

And the radio (aftermarket Kenwood) can't pick up most stations. Not sure if it's that crappy window-applied antenna or a connection problem. 

So the car is at the used car place's service shop and the wife has the loaner (I'm on travel in her Honda for the week). I swear, between needing to use her Element to take all our stuff to gun shows and getting the new beast serviced, she's getting to drive it more than I am!!