Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another ea82t thread

Hows it going everyone. I had a couple quick easy questions, I'm sure they have been answered in other threads but not to my understanding. So I have the opportunity buy a fully rebuilt ea82t at the cost of 700 with shipping fro Texas to California should I do it..?

Also the reason I would like to keep the ea82t would be it will be simple just to drop in the ea82t into my rx. I also live I California and stupid smog has me worried with the ej swap. Mind you this engine is completely rebuilt and this car will not be daily driven, only used for snow trips and car meets. Im  not trying to make a magical ea82t just simple stock. Please give me feedback.

For the price, you are flirting with being able to just doing an ej swap but if your not interested in that, then I guess its kind of up to you. 700 dollars seems like allot but it is expensive to do a rebuild and there are fewer and fewer ea82t motors floating around that are in "ready to go" state. Unless there are other motors you are considering, it sounds like your only option. If it comes with a warrenty that would make me feel better before buying it...

• Like 1

I also appreciate the inherent value to keeping rare cars stock. I think mods and upgrades are great, but with a car as rare as the rx I think it makes since to keep it stock especially if the rest of the car is in good condition

I also appreciate the inherent value to keeping rare cars stock. I think mods and upgrades are great, but with a car as rare as the rx I think it makes since to keep it stock especially if the rest of the car is in good condition

Nothing wrong with keeping the ea82t engine for what you intend to do.  If it is not rusted out, the driver seat is not trashed, the outside paint job is not faded, and there are no dents, then it sounds like a good buy.

thanks i made the big purchase and yes nothing wrong with the body or interior. i love this car and my intentions are to keep as stock as possible and drive as smooth as possible. I will keep this car for ever. Only rust spot is the battery tray and that has been treated and painted. SO EXCITED!

• Like 2