Ultimate Subaru Message Board

General Grabber AT2 Tires on Stock 2003 Subaru Baja

Howdy-

I am in the market for new All Terrain/Off Road Tires for my 2003 Subaru Baja. I am looking specifically at the Grabber AT2. The Grabbers come in size 215/65 R16With my Subaru being stock with no lift. Would these tires rub? 

Would I have any issues throwing these on my 03 Baja? Or- does anyone have another suggestion for tires?

Thank you,

Andrew

Yeah that size will fit fine.

Your stock size should be a 225/60r16.

The 215/65r16 tire should have roughly the same diameter, but will be slightly narrower.

I'm sure there is room enough on the Baja to fit a wider tire, but exactly how much wider I'm not sure.

The 215/65/16 grabber is a commonly purchased size for Subarus. Just bought a set myself. I got a great deal from Tirebuyer.com. They beat tirerack's price on the tire and were much cheaper on shipping. Also I was able to take advantage of a discount that gave me an extra $40 off when I ordered about two weeks ago. I ordered them on Monday afternoon and had them on my doorstep before noon the next day. Worth checking out and at least comparing prices to discount tire and tirerack.