Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Baja Speaker connection question

I just bought a 2005 baja. The stereo had no sound coming out of either right side channel (front or rear). I removed the stereo to see if any connectors may have come loose but there is only 1 large connector on the rear of the unit that supplies all wires out. Ive installed hundreds of stereos in my day and also never seen any set of multi connectors that go to various parts of the car after leaving the head unit with exception of maybe connectors inside the doors themselves. However in my case both the front and rear on the passenger side are out.

As I wanted a better radio anyway I went ahead and got another unit to install. However, after install I am still having the same problem.

Do these Subarus have any sort of under the carpet connectors that might explain the loss of sound I am seeing on a complete side of the car? Hoping someone can give me some insight so I dont have to strip down the entire interior possible looking for a connector that may or may not exist. Thanks for any input.