Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2011 Outback Impreza Sport minor Leakage/using Full Synthetic

So hello guys! I'm new here, new Subuaru owner and I bought a car I love. An Outback Impreza Sport. I actually sell Mazda and I own a 2011 Outback Impreza sport and I had it serviced at my dealership for an oil change/ tire rotation today. Told the service guys 5w30 is recommended. Now 2 months prior the same service guy mentioned that I have some minor oil seepage. He said it's not an issue now but later on it could become an issue of it drops on to the manifolds or something and thus becomes a fire hazard. He also stated going full synthetic isn't a good idea because it's so much thinner and thus would exacerbate the seepage. So I bring it in to my shop and they put in 0w20 Castrol GTX synthetic....I'm concerned the leakage will in fact worsen just like he mentioned...I want to bring it up there and be like what are you guys smoking but I work there. What are your thoughts on 0w20 full synthetic and this seepage issue?? Thanks in Advance guys!!!