Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5spd 4wd dual range swap with auto. starter issue help

RunsWithMoose

hello there all. i have a issue im hoping one of you have solved in the past

took a 91 loyel auto 3at out and put in a 88gl 5sp 4wd dual range from a ea82 carbd car that killed 2 moose. mod went great. car feels awesome. helps with the chop and 15ich tires added as well

but my problem is the starter excite from ignition

the old car was a carb without a 02 and without a neutral safety switch mount on the peddle mount, and it seams there isnt a wire pigtail in the auto trans harness still in the car. so my though is to try to fool the auto trans selector plug at the floor to believe its in park or neutral so that the key will engage the starter an i can give this thing back. any ideas or thoughts? or pin out info in the large selector plug?

just wonted to update this for any one else . that was the solution, to help make it clear for all. the connector mentioned is correct, the wires at car side are the 2 most center. thickest in that connector. black /white and black/yellow.

at the selector side thay are bolth black /yellow. just bridge the to together as mentioned above and it will give you starter at the key as intended.

thank you

• Like 1