Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Forester 2014 bluetooth steering wheel controls

I was going to help my mother set up her bluetooth in her 2014 Subaru Forester. When I turn the key to on all gauges activate and the radio starts. I tried the subaru bluetooth setup directions and when I click the off hook phone button the radio pauses for a second then continues with no recognition that I pushed the button. The same happens when I push the talk button. My mom has used the bluetooth phone capability before, but I cannot get anything to work now. Is there anyway to reset the head unit to factory settings somehow? Any ideas?

If it's the base Clarion radio, I believe it will only store 1 phone at a time.  So delete whatever is already paired and start over.  Subaru, for whatever reason, recommends using voice commands to pair vs.  doing it with the buttons (don' know why).  If it's Android, you may have to change the PIN# from 1234 to 0000 or vice versa.  Double check compatibility- sometimes new phone versions do not always play nice with older head units.

Now if the steering wheel controls do not work at all, you may have an issue with either the switches, head unit, or clockspring.