Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No Headlights Subaru GL EJ Swap

jread

So I've swapped my EJ into a second car now and after being successful the first time I ran into new problems this time. 

Currently can't get my headlights or radio to go on.

Its a 1987 GL with a 1998 2.5l in it. 

Engines running fine but some of the car features aren't working. Pretty sure I just missed a wire somewhere and don't know which one. 

Justin

Did you try to use the full EJ harness or just running the engine wiring?

Really can't understand why anything to do with headlights or radio would not work if you just used the thinned down engine harness.

Did you pull the dash to install wiring?  maybe forgot a connector?

I must have forgot something. I just used a thinner harness.

No radio no headlights no interior illumination.

I remember my friend having an issue with his illumination in his car after wiring a radio can't remember the solution.

I've found out indicators work, parking lights work, engines good.

Still no idea what the issue is. I've torn the dash up again and can't see anything unplugged. There is a plug that looks like it could have a relay on it but I'm 90% sure it never had one and has no power runing to it anyways.

Ok so problem is with that wire. Made a solid connection and it still tried to light on fire. I have a wiring diagram but it doesn't tell me where in the alt the wires should be going. I'm pretty sure I'm correct but the white wire should be going to the post correct?

Then the black and white to the connector? My colours don't match all the way since it's a swap.

Can someone just let me know which colour wires go where on the alt?

Wow feeling like a spud. Ripped everything apart. Lit some spoob on fire then realised I have my fusible link box grounded and wiring diagram says it should connect to positive terminal. Weird since it has a ring terminal on it.