Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First Subaru

Got a new Outback on the recommendation of what used to be my favorite son in law. Is there a stupid newbie forum here? Maybe with some advice for a newbie he can be my favorite son in law again.

Thanks,

Boo, a stupid newbie

• Like 1

When trying to maintain a constant slow speed it jerks or lurches. 25-30 mph I have to wake my foot off the gas, let it settle then apply gas again. Salesman says it takes a little getting used to. Is it normal and it's me, is it the cvt or is there a problem with the car? Never had a cvt before so I don't know what's normal with it. I want to ask in the proper forum. That's why I'm looking for a newbie section.

I have about 600 miles on mine now and only notice it when going slow through the parking lot at work. I've read a few forums that say it's normal or that after a while it gets smoother after the first 1000 miles or so. I'm not entirely sure. I've adjusted my driving a bit, I was used to Chevy's and ford's before this.

• 1 month later...