Ultimate Subaru Message Board

interfreezer?

so what ya think?...

Do ya REALLY want to know?

See all that frost-soon-to-be-ice on the outside? What do you think the inside looks like?

*IF* you had some feedback loop that controlled the cooling based on outflow temp and/or used the "waste" co2 stream to dehumidify the inlet air it could work... especially if you have access to a large amount of compressed/solidified CO2...

... gee, who do I know that has that? :brow:

Ka-chink!!! Sale $.02

yeah but if the tiny things are fixed..

it still might not be a bad thing to toy with

but then again yeah you would need a free source of liquid co2 hmm i wonder where i could get that from..... hmmm.......

dam shame iw ork at a dry ice plant... lol

didja look at any of the other "toys" on that page?

oh and my own setup the air temp hits 220F at 10-11 psi .. so 220f going into that... i don't think the same thing would occur at least not like what it looks

with correctly sized exchanger tubes i dount icing would be a problem

oh and might i add

here is a towel use it your dripping on my thread :)

hehe

That thing about having a good supply of CO2, you'd have it made. I'd be Sorry Out of Luck. Yeah fix the little things... priority one IMO would be regulation of CO2-flow/outlet temp. Do that and you would be in Fat City. Oh, and that copper-thing! (BTW, I misquoted copper's advantage overt aluminum to a couple people this weekend... overstated by 'bout half an order of magnitude. It's only about TWICE as good as aluminum, not the 8 that I thought... other number had to do with heat transfer but was not exclusively conductivity.

Thermal conductivity chart:

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=233

Doubt that exchanger tube size would have much effect on icing.

Ready to make one??? :slobber: Didn't look at other toys yet.

oh and might i add

here is a towel use it your dripping on my thread :)

hehe

You know, one of the problems of being an asocial ubernerd is that I have no idea what you mean by dripping. :-\ Is this like when a boy dog approaches a fire-hydrant???

(Shambles off, mumbling to himself: I got a bunch of copper pipe around here somewheres...)

umm numbers... uhmmm

when confronted with math typethings i just usualy find some sharp object and stab at them till it goes away...

translation.... me and math are not good friends

nore are just plain lonely numbers...

or for that matter letters...

Here is a similar but different idea I have had for a while. What if you were to enclose the air to air intercooler in an insulated box and pipe air-conditioned air into it? It would be like a refrigerator for the intercooler. Do you suppose the increased power would offset the losses from turning the air conditioning compressor?:confused:

Here is a similar but different idea I have had for a while. What if you were to enclose the air to air intercooler in an insulated box and pipe air-conditioned air into it? It would be like a refrigerator for the intercooler. Do you suppose the increased power would offset the losses from turning the air conditioning compressor?:confused:
Some of us kicked this around a few weeks ago...

I think it could be worthwhile IF you used some other method to get rid of most of the "high grade" heat first... and I probably would not use a/c'd air, but either directly stick the evaporator into the intake stream OR use the evaporator to chill a reservoir of water to be used in an air/water I/C. I think that it probably would be worth the energy used to chill, but that is just my gut feeling.