Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still new too ea82(t)

Do any of you folks with the ea82t have a engine stumbling while driving on the highway? Mine seems to want to feel sluggish when you take off, but when you gas it, she runs and accelerates fine. Then going down the road at 60, she feels like shes missing (stumbling). It doesn't feel so bad when she's cold, but once she warms up you can really feel it. And now (today at lunchtime) she's startin to have a stumble at the idle. She's almost got 135,000 on the clock. I just bought her for $1000.00. I put a new half shaft into her. She's an 87 gl10t wagon 4wd.

Maintenance has been kept up on her, but I don't know the last time the plugs, wires and cap were changed. If any of you folks have any ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance.

Tune it up..oil change, plugs(NGK!!), cap, rotor, wires, pcv, air filter, fuel filter, etc..if doesn't go away then start trouble shooting. I always slam all that stuff into a car when I buy one. More than likely after a good $100 tune-up it will prob run way better and those problems will go away. If not at least you know you have a full fresh tune up on it and can start looking at other problems. Or at least that's the way I start when I get a new Suby.

Hi-Read my thread about what I just went through with this same sort of problem with my 87 turbowagon. It's under fuel filter replacement by Turbosubi. It was not a bit fun, and I had to have it towed, for it stopped running altogether. I wish a much easier solution for you :)