Ultimate Subaru Message Board

newbie with '03 OBW dead - almost

Hi all. New to this forum. came across it while looking for a solution to my 2003 Outback Wagon with a check engine lite. Car was running fine so tried pulling the sbf#2 fuse to reset. No help as lite came back on at engine start. Decided to pull it and leave it out for awhile so went in the house to check on the boob tube. Forgot it and went to bed. Lo and behold this morning when I reinstallled it the car was dead. No starter, no clicking in start position as if the battery was dead. The only thing that works are door locks and the chime when a door is open with key in the ignition. Also if I push emergency flasher button the parking lamps illuminate (no flash). No interior lites, no instruments, no shift interlock release, no window operation, no head,tail or brake lites. Nothing! It appears to be in a default safe mode of some sort. The door lock remote works fine and battery voltage is at 13.5v . Interestingly enough the power seat still works. Scratching my head. Anyone have any ideas before I call Subaru?

Thanks for any help

The car does not have an anti-theft system other than standard Subaru security system. I believe that does prevent starter activation along with flashing lights and horn but resets itself back to normal in 30 seconds. The "panic" button on the remote does set off lights and horn. Still wondering.

Harvey