Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I work in a shop where we replace those sometimes. Usually penzoil carries some. If you can't find any from any auto stores. You can usually get someone to replace them at Jiffy lube, grease moneky...places like that.

Believe it or not, I called the largest Subaru dealer in So. Calif. today, and their parts dept told me that they don't have any and their computer doesn't even list one for the 05 Forester. So now I have a climate control system with filter element unavailable. This is a first for me. I also tried Pep Boys, Kragen, and internet parts outlets and have yet to find one. Thanks for your ideas, though.

If it's the same as the 04, the only Subaru one I used was the original. My 1st replacement I bought a small (1.50) furnace filter and cut it down keeping the edges covered with the cardboard.

After that 1st one, and careful measurement, I found it to be real close to the Toyota RAV4. Then found them cheap (8.50) on the internet for an OEM aftermarket one. Ordered 4, put in the 1st one 3 months ago, been good since. Have 3 more to go. C38188 was the number on the box.

My $.02