Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Topper Seal Replacement

Anybody ever replaced the seals on one of these. I found one (GenII Hi Top) in a u-pull it yard yesterday but it needs pretty much every bit of rubber on it replaced. Whats the best stuff to use and where can I get it? Also, whats the best kind of paint to use on them, its gonna need that too? Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know the answer.

I have a 'GemTop' brand topper that sits level with the roofline. It is in need of some seals also. I haven't investigated yet but I plan on trying to locate the parts through the GemTop dealer.

Let us know what you find out as I'm sure there are many of us in the position of needing new rubbers for their toppers.

When I took my 81 down to the Snugtop dealer to see if I could get that neoprene seal replaced, they said that it had been discontinued for quite some time. They said they could put a *new* seal on it that they use for the newer campers though. You could try your local Gemtop or Snugtop dealer to find out about it.