Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat's having another hissy fit! *Info added*

ok the fuel filter you looked for won't be there cause only EA81s got that fuel filter.... The other thing sounds like it could be a choke problem. Check to see if the choke is sticking open or closed somehow. I was having the same problem on the Holley 5200 I put on my Brat and it turned out to be a sticking linkage.

The brake problem, is it when you're slowing down and coming to a stop or does it also do it when you're stopped? It could be something is loose and is knocking against something like the clutch cable could possibly be hitting something when you hit the brakes.....

It does it when I step on the brake while idling when parked and while driving and actually braking to stop. So yes, it could be a vacuum leak in the brake booster, we never changed those lines.

There was a restriction in the linkage which we cleared. The accelerator was also not returning properly, we fixed that too. The rattle is a mystery yet.

Now here's a really strange thing it's doing. It idles fine with the breather off, as soon as you move the breather to within one inch of the throat of the carb it has a drastic drop in rpm's. This drop happens with the can lid OFF, so there's no air restriction happening. We disconnected the hose that goes to the black cap thing (what IS that for?!) on the snorkel and it improves the weirdness, but the idle needs to be set very high in order to to compensate for the drop when the breather is put back on.