Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More info...87 1/2 xt from luvscooby

Thanks for the responses from my first post. I got a lot of good information. I wanted to give a little more info on my xt. I have had the car for about 5 months. I found it behind a tote the note that has a max inventory of about 8 cars. I picked it up for 200 bucks. When I got the car, this is what I found...the timing covers, and everything that would be mounted in front of them were all pitched in the trunk.....I mean pulleys, brackets, both fans and lots of other little things that I have yet to determine whether even go on the car. I had a roll-back tow it to my house. It's an 87 1/2 xt gl-10. The car was origionally a turbo. It has the crossmember with the indention for the turbo exhaust, and some of the turbo gadgets are still mounted on the inner fenders. It has the digi-dash that shows the turbo boost on it. I learned from some really nice people on xt6.net how to check the timing. It had 2 new timing belts on it, and they were WAY out of time. The fuel line from the filter was missing, as was the line from the spyder intake to the break booster. The motor turns freely. I don't know if the car has run since the motor swap occurred. That may have been 2 or 3 years ago....I don't know. With a fresh battery, my air suspension seems to function very well, and a buddy from the other site came to check it out, and said it had the strongest running compressor(for the suspension) that he had ever seen. The car is silver, with blue interior....5-speed....uhm....has a sunroof....pushbutton awd button in the console. That kinda sums up the car.

I think I have the car back in time now. I put fresh plugs in it, and was gonna try to fire it up. My current problem is I am not pumping any fuel. I took the origional pump off, and tried to hook it straight to the battery, but got nothing. I got another used pump from a friend, and put it on the car without testing it first, and still have no fuel. I sat in the car with the fuel line run from the filter around and held it in my hand and turned the key...I don't feel any pressure from the line. I still have not checked the plug to the pump to see if I have any current...my job prevents me from playing with it much. I know I need to check that and the relay in the dash....whichever one it is. Any other suggestions? Thanks!!!!

if you plug the green test connectors in, then turn the key on, the fuel pump should cycle on and off. cneck for voltage in this mode. if you dont have voltage check the relay. the ecu is in the trunk, not sure where the relay is. i believe the fuel pump relay has a green connector

Ahhh....that's good information....I'll check that. I dont' know if the car has ever run since the motor swap was done. No one knew anything about the car, so I'm kinda on my own to investigate it. I know a little about the green connector, but what about the black one next to it...the small one? I cant' find any info on it in my ""Chiltons"" ...I know .....no surprise. I assume in normal operations, both of these are unplugged, right? I will try the green plug and the ignition on. It may be a few days before I get the chance. Thanks!!!!