Ultimate Subaru Message Board

twin carbs?

Guest jcdenton

Guest jcdenton

Hello, what is this twin carb setup and how can I put it on my ea81 or, would a webber be better?

I know that this is a general question, but some info would be great.

Guest GeneralDisorder

IF you can find one, and the manifold, and the air filter housing - you can bolt it right up. They were common in Japan, and have arived here in the states on Japanese import motors. A weber would probably be better. Easier to tune, and easier to rebuild if the need arrises later. Do you really want twice the Hicrappy? :rollin:

GD

Guest GeneralDisorder

Twin carter / webers? The only twin I know of is the twin Hitachi from the EA71 and EA81 - was there such a thing as twin carter / webers? I've heard of a carter / weber single barrel carb.... but I thought it was only a single carb.

GD

Guest Caboobaroo

I know Andrew has a twin carb setup which I believe is for an EA81...but not sure. You might wanna talk to him about it but I don't think he'll let it go. If he did, I'm thinking about stealing it for my EA71:lol:

Guest Flowmastered87GL

They are for an EA71, I belive the air cleaner is missing for it, I'm sure you could fab one up pretty simply.

Guest SubieSTORMTROOPER

Some have used a Carter 2 barrel from a 318 V8, which is just right. Of course these are used on the EA81's in airplanes, so you might want to do some work on the heads and cam to make it actually worth it.