Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T fuel tank and pump

I was wondering that could the fuel tank be removed without taking the rear diff out first? Can I slide it off?

How about the original fuel pump, were are it's limits on delivering fuel? I'm doing EJ20 turbo conversion and in the future I'm thinking something like 300-350hp, so what fuel pump would you recommend?

the fuel tank is easier then thought but it does require dropping the rear diff and mustache bar assembly. Just unbolt the two large nuts holding the mustache bar to the underside of the car and drop the assembly down so it sits on the ground. Next, jack the car up on the passenger side in the rear and remove the rear tire. This is a needed step! Next, look inside the wheelwell and remove the guard that protects the filler next, remove it and disconnect the filler neck. Now you can also remove the hoses from the front and passenger side of the tank, undo the 14mm bolts holding the tank in and pull out.

As far as the fuel pump, I'd look for an aftermarket fuel pump that can handle larger amounts of psi and fuel flow instead of trying to rely on a stock EA82T fuel pump.