Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ideas For 87 GL-10 Sedan Rally Paint Scheme

Hey everyone!! i thought i would pick the collective and creative mind of the USMB for some ideas on a paint scheme for my GL-10 sedan! anyone seen any cool old school type rally paint schemes that would match my car? or any ideas on just a general paint scheme, or colors? when i get it all together, i'm going to totally get the old school script for the lettering, and try to stay true to 87 for the decals and signage.

This car will be gutted out and turned into an SCCA rally car. So lets make it awesome!!!!

Give me some ideas!!!!

thanks!!!

post-12595-136027602392_thumb.jpg

post-12595-136027602398_thumb.jpg

make it look like my car. satin black on the roof and trunk, white on the back, wheel arches down. big 7 on the hood!

silverfoxfront.jpg

although i should have made the white on the hood come down to the edge like stripes but now the car wears a bra

silverfox2.jpg

I personaly like the ones posted by TROGDOR and was going to sugest them but he beat me to it, some thing like that would look great. when you decide post some pics so we know what you decide, it will look great. good luck and have fun

These pics are awesome. The ideas are flowing. I would love to find the script of the 87 Subaru logo and such, and replicate an old rally car.. i dunno... this is going to be a year in progress... so i'll keep everyone posted! it'll be rad i promise