Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Signal/hazard flasher stopped working!

Need some troubleshooting help, please!

I have 1994 (Right hand drive) Subaru Legacy L station wagon and its signal/hazard flasher suddenly stopped working due to unknown reasons.

I have checked all of the light bulbs and fuses, and they were all fine.

I have removed the hazard flasher control switch on the dashboard, in order to perform a continuity test, but first of all, how many pins are there in a regular left hand drive car? I only see 9 pins altoghether in mine and I am not getting any continuity between pins (with the hazard switch pressed down, there's supposedly continuity between pin7 and 9, between 10,5,6, and with the switch off, between pin 3 and 7). Has anyone performed this continuity test on the hazard flasher control switch on the dashboard? Either this switch is fried or I am not performing this test correctly.

I also have removed the signal/hazard flasher unit to take a closer look at it. It didn't resemble any relays that I have ever replaced and I was thinking that perhaps this unit has nothing to do with my problem. Is this the hazard light relay or is the relay integrated into the hazard light switch on the dashboard? Does anyone know?

Finally, my haynes manual indicates that I should check the signal light fuse. Is there such fuse solely dedicated to the signal light? I checked the main fuse box (under the hood) and the one nearby the steering column, and I have not spotted anything close to it.

Many thanks in advance!

John