Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Impreza 2.0 Turbo hesitating!!!

Helo guys.

My car is an Impreza 2.0 Turbo from year 2000.

Mods are Viper airfilter kit

Revotec BOV

After i changed this the car seems to be hesitating in every gear uptil about 4000 rpm's. after that it goes ok again. Also in the 5th gear the car does not pull at all!!

I tried to reset the ecu yeasterday by letting the car stay over night without power, but it didn't help.

I must also mention that i had to change a small copper (or something like that) ring that was leading the oil that is cooling the turbo, because it was leaking. Then they refitted everything and it seems very slow in all gears. I thought it might could be some hose that was loose or anything, but I couldn't see anything that was loose.

What can be the cause of this? Any help would be apreciated!

Thanks, Thomas

I went to a garage to make a diagnostic of my engine. there they found out that my AF sensor was reading 1.4 instead of 1.2 which is normal. don't know the currency of those numbers. but anyway after changing the AF sensor to a nwe one, the car worked perfect again. they measured the new AF sensor with the 1.2 and everything is working again. my question still remains tho if it was the new open air filter or the BOV that made my AF sensor break. What do you think?

I think there's a history of folks having problems with the MAF mis-reading after the stock intake (resonator) plumbing has been switched to a straight-through type.

The intake drone pulses confuse the MAF causing a lean mixture condition.

Search through the NASOIC forum, there's gotta be a ton of info on the problem there.