Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NH/Boston area sub dealers...

Presumably up 93? If so Singer Subaru in Plaistow may be closest to you - don't know them. The dealer list is at: http://www.newenglandsubaru.com/dealerlist.asp?state=NH

I've only had service at Wakefield (MA) Subaru and Manchester. Both OK. I bouhgt my last Subaru at Manchester, they're pretty aggressive on prices and Nashua wouldn't beat them on two different occasions.

There are many good independent repair shops in the area. The best place I've found to locate them is the MechanX files at Car Talk. Many of the shops don't list Subaru specifically but are very familiar with them as they're everywhere here.

The only dealer "Disaster Area" I'm aware of is CarMart Subaru in Wilmington, MA. They've been known to pull stunts like agree on a price, then present a contract with a different price. An employee had that happen to her and simply picked up the contract and told the salesperson, "The Attorney General will be in touch." They then said it was a "misunderstanding" apologized profusely and gave her $500 off the original deal - but others have had the same happen to them. Caveat Emptor!

I got a great deal on my Baja from CarMart/Wilmington Subaru. They had it ready and waiting at the front door for my test drive... I drove out with the car in about an hour. I haven't used their service yet, but my buying experience was one of the best I have ever had. No hassles.

You may want to go to the NASIOC-New England section. There is a lot of information, both pros and cons of dealerships and independent shops.

Good luck! And welcome to New England!

Stay far away from Singer!

Just bought my Sub and not from them. Made a deal on the car and went back the next day and the price had increased. The owner would not make good on the deal. I also hear a lot of local garages have problems getting parts.

Went to Wilmingtion Subaru for warranty work (window gussert) and they seemed good. Even checked out another problem and did not charge us.

bump...thanks for the reply, thought i'd have more...apparantly i'll be one of the few subaru owners in new england area that frequent this board.

Probably because you don't say where exactly you'll be living and working. There are about a dozen dealers in a 50 mile radius. Or whether your car is on warranty or can be taken to an independent.

I can't comment on the dealers, haven't used them for repair, and don't have the resources to be buying anything new right now. But there is a local garage in Hudson, NH that is currently rebuilding the engine in my 98 OBW due to head gasket failure (as if you couldn't guess that from my screen name). They don't say they specialize in Subarus but they do great work.

Rays Auto repair

12 Gowing Rd.

Hudson, NH

I got a great deal on my Baja from CarMart/Wilmington Subaru. They had it ready and waiting at the front door for my test drive... I drove out with the car in about an hour. I haven't used their service yet, but my buying experience was one of the best I have ever had. No hassles.

I go to Carmart for my Subaru parts. It's always a pleasant experience - the service/parts guys are quite helpful.