Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P123 6 Cd Changer in a 2002 Outback?

I bought a 6 cd in dash changer from e bay and it does not work. The car is still under warranty and I was wondering if this radio came with this car? If so, would they replace it if I brought it in for warranty or do they know what radio was in it?

Anybody had any problems with this radio/cd player? The lights light up (no numbers or letters in the display) and static comes out of the speakers but nothing else works.

Thanks

Do you know what car the cd changer came from? Do you have an owner's manual? You may want to check and see if it mentions anything about a 6 cd changer in it.

What I'd do is try to find out what car the changer came from, get a wiring diagram for it, and get one for your car, then check that the pin outs are the same.

I was told it was out of a 2002. Do you know a good source for wiring diagrams?

Do you know what car the cd changer came from? Do you have an owner's manual? You may want to check and see if it mentions anything about a 6 cd changer in it.

What I'd do is try to find out what car the changer came from, get a wiring diagram for it, and get one for your car, then check that the pin outs are the same.