Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch safety switch???? 92 loyale

N8NQU

You can't please everybody....

"No Clutch Lockout" thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49127

Anyways, it should be a simple bypass. Perhaps the simplest (but not most elegant) would be to stick your head down by the pedals and find the switch that is on the clutch pedal mechanism. (I am working from general assumptions here, not specific knowledge.) Disconnect the connector from the switch and:

1) If the connector has only one wire (grounded by the switch), then run it to ground.

2) If it has 2 wires, jumper the wires together.

It is possible that instead of jumpering that you need ot just leave the connector disconnected, but this is unlikely.

You can't please everybody....

"No Clutch Lockout" thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49127

Anyways, it should be a simple bypass. Perhaps the simplest (but not most elegant would be to stick your head down by the pedals and find the switch that is on the clutch pedal mechanism. (I am working from general assumptions here, not specific knowledge.) Disconnect the connector from the switch and:

1) If the connector has only one wire (grounded by the switch), then run it to ground.

2) If it has 2 wires, jumper the wires together.

It is possible that instead of jumpering that you need ot just leave the connector disconnected, but this is unlikely.

thanks i'll check it out and see what i can do about it.