Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine clearcoat

Has anyone out there clearcoated their engine? I'm getting ready to build my turbo motor, and I thought it would be nice to put a clearcoat on it while it's clean to help keep it that way. I know you can get Edelbrock aluminum manifolds with clearcoat from the factory, but I don't know what they use.

Anyone know a good, durable clearcoat that would work?

If you have an oven that your other doesn't normally cook in or can pick up an oven that is old and gold but still works, get some engine clearcoat, spray it on and bake it for a few minutes. Just be careful not to let it sit in there too long or else you could start to burn the paint and it'll turn brown

LOL, are you drinking again Cabooo? :brow:

Anyway, I used to work in detailing, and just pick up some ENGINE clearcoat at the parts store. Also, pick up some ENGINE black color. WITH the car engine COOLED, spray away. First with the black (on all hoses). And anything else you want black,.

Let that dry for a few minutes, and then go over EVERYTHING with Clear-coat, and you will have a new looking engine.!!

Hope that helps.!!!

Oh - make sure you clean as much of your engine first.!! :)

LOL, are you drinking again Cabooo? :brow:

Anyway, I used to work in detailing, and just pick up some ENGINE clearcoat at the parts store. Also, pick up some ENGINE black color. WITH the car engine COOLED, spray away. First with the black (on all hoses). And anything else you want black,.

Let that dry for a few minutes, and then go over EVERYTHING with Clear-coat, and you will have a new looking engine.!!

Hope that helps.!!!

Oh - make sure you clean as much of your engine first.!! :)

Well, I did this to my JDM engine I had in my Brat. It looked sweet and stayed that way until I sold it.

Oh yeah, I have been drinking again:-p :-p :drunk: