Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front and a rear pressure - need help.

It depends upon what you are looking for......

If you are looking for best tire wear, start around 32psi and watch for wear, and rotate the tires regularly.

If you are looking for the best handling, there are lots of possibilities. Sport Compact Car did an article on that several years ago. If you really need to know, I use the basics on my car and my motorcycle.

Don

Pictzie

:confused:

any-one ?

As a general rule, I would think you would want a little higher pressure in your front tires than the rear.

I like to run my tires a little on the high side. They wear better. I use 32 or so in the fronts and 30 rear.

The techs at the Audi dealer where I used to work swore by running tires higher than factory spec. They say the factory uses lower pressures so the car rides nice, but that 4 pounds or so higher than factory is what they recommend. This is even more important with low pro 17-18 inch wheels. With our wimpy 13", not really as much of an issue.

If you are above upper 20's tire pressure, you will be fine. Of course, think of the load. The above pressures I use are for just me in the car. If I had cargo, passengers, I would up it to 34 32 or more depending on circumstances.