Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hay i might have the chance to buy a fwd manual 2.2 lx liberty but it needs a new motor because the d!ck head that did the timing belt last didnt put the harmonic ballancer on the woodruff key properly and now it has destroyed ballancer,timing belt sprocket, crank and woodfuff key:eek:

now the lady that ownes it dosnt want to spend any money on it and is planning to take it to the wreckers so im trying to find out how much she wants for it hopefully no more than a few hundred dollars:D

so how hard is it to convert it to awd using d/r box out of a late model forrester?

hmmm... i might be able to help you out... i haven't done it myself, but there is a company (rocket rally) that put a wrx drivetrain into an early 90's 2wd legacy... this car is for rally only though...

from what i would think, you'd need the whole rear suspension... plus all the front stuff... don't think you'll need a new front crossmember...

it would save you lots of time if you could find another 2.2 so you could just swap over the manifold and save yourself from rewiring a new motor...

good luck!:)