Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all,

Today on the way to work my CEL came on so i stopped by Schucks on the way home. The codes where 303 and 304, which are miss fires in the #3 and #4 cylenders. About a month ago i replaced the plugs and wires. Does any one have any suggestions on what else i should do or look for????

I did have the #4 cyl. miss fire on me 7 or 8 months ago.

1996 OB 2.5 w/165K

Thanks

Hello all,

Today on the way to work my CEL came on so i stopped by Schucks on the way home. The codes where 303 and 304, which are miss fires in the #3 and #4 cylenders. About a month ago i replaced the plugs and wires. Does any one have any suggestions on what else i should do or look for????

I did have the #4 cyl. miss fire on me 7 or 8 months ago.

1996 OB 2.5 w/165K

Thanks

hehehe. What plugs did you put in??? You MUST use the NGK's or Denso iridiums to avoid a 301/302 or 303/304 combo. If you're using NGK's, you've got a wire problem. If you are using NGK plugs, do a resistance check on your plug wires, when you find the culprit, you'll know. But replace em all anyway.:brow:

If you don't find any wires that are WAY OFF, check the resistance on your coil pack.

hehehe. What plugs did you put in??? You MUST use the NGK's or Denso iridiums to avoid a 301/302 or 303/304 combo. If you're using NGK's, you've got a wire problem. If you are using NGK plugs, do a resistance check on your plug wires, when you find the culprit, you'll know. But replace em all anyway.:brow:

i think that i have Bosch plugs in!!!!!!