Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 motor stuff

Well, I posted the other day asking about my head gasket issues. Seems as if I will need to get this fixed pretty much NOW, as it's getting very hot outside and my car is trying to melt down. Anyways. On to the topic:

1: I would really just like to be done with this 230k mile motor and have a different one. I've found one with 71k on it for 400 bucks. Is this a rip off?

2: I'd like to do a manual tranny conversion at the same time, if parts permit. I know Suberdave had a kit available several months ago, but I think he sold it. Does anyone have a 4x4 manual tranny kit (minus the tranny)?

3: Are there other (more powerful and preferably more readily available) motor/tranny's out there that would bolt in that I should look into instead of the 2.7 '88 h6?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Kenny

if you're up for some sacriledge.... Chevy 350! :burnout:

Sicko.....;) No sacrelige here today. Can't fool me either. I know full well that won't bolt in!!! It'd take some crazy insane modification.... Let me know how it goes when you try!

I deliver pizza for Domino's in this car. It shouldn't be out of commision for too long... (An engine/tranny swap is an acceptable amount of time... not a sub/chev swap!)