Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Passenger side air vent/grille removal

i did it once(couple months back)..i think i used a flat head screw driver and carefully and slowly pried along the right side of the vent..

hope this helped..

Btw-why do you need to remove the vent??

Hey thanks subie94, the slats in my vents are literally falling off inside of the vent and I need to replace them. It's just a visual kind of thing :brow:

It seems only one person has removed the air vents on the passenger side. Well, I had time this morning and played around with it with a small flat screw driver and got it off without breaking anything.

There are two metal clips attached to the bottom of the air vent on the ends. Once the vent has been pushed into the dash opening, the metal clips on the vent catches the bottom lip of the dash and holds it in position.

To remove, one simply slides a small flat screw driver between the bottom of the vent and the dash lip and lifts it up, then pull outwards while keeping pressure at the bottom of the vent. It took may be 10 seconds per vent. The reason why we love our Subies so much, simplicity.

I have the pics but need to look for a hosting service first ;)