Ultimate Subaru Message Board

When braking my 99 Outback makes a moderately loud click sound, it happens when I've almost stoped. Any ideas?

Thanks

My '99 Legacy GT wagon makes a single, loud click/snap noise the first time the brakes are applied during that drive cycle. Then it won't do it again during that trip. Is that what yours does?

My '99 Legacy GT wagon makes a single, loud click/snap noise the first time the brakes are applied during that drive cycle. Then it won't do it again during that trip. Is that what yours does?

The same sound occurs when almost stopped but doesn't happen during regular braking/driving, when you say "drive cycle" is that between stops or an entire trip?

The same sound occurs when almost stopped but doesn't happen during regular braking/driving, when you say "drive cycle" is that between stops or an entire trip?

Entire trip. On my car, the noise occurs only the first time the brakes are used during a trip, then it won't happen again during that trip. It's a "click/snap" noise in the front suspension---not the normal sound of the ABS going thru it's "self-test"---it occurs when the vehicle is almost stopped.

I suspect the front strut mounts are the source of the noise on my car, but it's hard to "pin it down" because of frequency of occurance.....

Entire trip. On my car, the noise occurs only the first time the brakes are used during a trip, then it won't happen again during that trip. It's a "click/snap" noise in the front suspension---not the normal sound of the ABS going thru it's "self-test"---it occurs when the vehicle is almost stopped.

I suspect the front strut mounts are the source of the noise on my car, but it's hard to "pin it down" because of frequency of occurance.....

The sound is before each stop, will probably have it checked out. Thanks.