Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all. Last week I got a new 2006 2.5i base wagon, auto. I do have some questions concerning the car. If you could help me out I would appreciate it very much.

1) The interior clock of this car works fine. However, when I put on the headlights all dash lights that are supposed to illuminate do with the exception of the "SET", "+", and "-", for the clock. If you have this car could you please advise if these are supposed to "light up".

2) The car I got is the Atlantic Blue with the Granite/gray bottom. Where the panels for the bottom attach to the car around the wheelwells I notice some small gaps between the car and the panel. My concern is does this present a problem with water getting in there?

3) I quess this is an observation....When all the doors are closed it seems the gaps between the doors and the car body seem wider then I'm used to on other cars. In fact the gap is slightly wider between the door and body on one side of the car. Yours the same?

I know these issues may not seem like a big deal, in fact my wife will never notice them but this is my first new car in 20 years so I guess I'm obsessing a little.

Thanks for your time.

Hi all. Last week I got a new 2006 2.5i base wagon, auto. I do have some questions concerning the car. If you could help me out I would appreciate it very much.

1) The interior clock of this car works fine. However, when I put on the headlights all dash lights that are supposed to illuminate do with the exception of the "SET", "+", and "-", for the clock. If you have this car could you please advise if these are supposed to "light up".

Those buttons do NOT light up on mine. (Same model as yours). Think that's normal.

2) The car I got is the Atlantic Blue with the Granite/gray bottom. Where the panels for the bottom attach to the car around the wheelwells I notice some small gaps between the car and the panel. My concern is does this present a problem with water getting in there?

Not sure what exactly you mean, but mine are fine. However, I did notice the first time I washed it that the edge of the plastic liner that's inside the wheel well in the front wasn't seated UNDER the lip of the metal fender. I just pushed it back in place like the rest of the plastic panel. Maybe that's what you're referring to.

3) I quess this is an observation....When all the doors are closed it seems the gaps between the doors and the car body seem wider then I'm used to on other cars. In fact the gap is slightly wider between the door and body on one side of the car. Yours the same?

Gaps between front doors and front quarterpanels are 3/16" to 1/4" on mine. Looks fine to me.

Thanks for the replies, I feel a little better that yours is the same.

I did stop off at the dealer on the way home from work. I checked out the car in the showroom and the "set" "+" "-" do NOT light up. Feel better about that one.

The panels I'm talking about are on the side of the car, they are around the wheelwells and along the bottom below the doors. The top of the panel where it meets the car body is where I have a little gap. I also checked this out and the car at the dealer exhibited this as well. Some cars on the lot also had a little gap near the wheelwells. I hope this is clear to understand. I guess they are held on with clips and some sort of adhesive that must lose its grip.

Thanks for checking the gap at the doors. Mine is probably the same as yours.