Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Crooked Finger tomorrow 6/17/2006

Yup, going up to Crooked Finger tomorrow. My buddy is coming in my rig but I'd love to have a couple of other Subes (or other makes too!) with me. I know a couple of great areas up there, and we're shooting for heading up there right around noon. If you want to come, give me a call. 503-881-1775. I live in Salem.

My rig is stock, so I won't be doing anything TOO hardcore, but I have tow straps and a high-lift. There's lots of easy-moderate stuff there, perfect for stockers, and also lots of more difficult terrain for you modded rigs.

Aaron

PS - I went offroad last weekend near Pacific City, climbed some gnarly hills and found some KILLER trails! Woohoooo! All my skeptical friends were super impressed by the Subaru. Chalk another one up for FHI =)

little short notice... but I'm IN, I was gonna go up to the farm tomorrow buut since I'm not on any particular schedule I think that sounds good. Where you want to meet because i'm not familiar with the area, only heard of it in the past.

Do you know where Silverton is? We can meet there in town if you want. It's about ten minutes or so to the road, and another ten or so to get to where there are some trails.

-A

EDIT: Here's a google map of the area. http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=45.039567,-122.735653&spn=0.086122,0.159988&om=1

Town in the upper left is Mt. Angel, lower left is Silverton. Far right is Scotts Mills.

From Silverton, take Hwy 213 out of town (North) and turn right on Mt Angel-Scotts Mills Rd. Continue straight on this road.

From Mt. Angel follow Church St, which turns into College Rd., past the seminary and make a quick jog to the right on Meridian then onto Mt. Angel-Scotts Mills Road. Go across Hwy 213 and continue straight.

From there Crooked Finger is on the right just as you're getting into Scotts Mills. Up that road a ways it turns into gravel and there's a ton of trails a couple of miles beyond that.

If you want to, we could just meet at the park in Scots Mills. It's just up on the left hand side after you turn onto Crooked Finger Rd. Either way.

OK, Just take 213 South thru Mollala and go past the Mt. Angel cutoff, Drake rd NE (On the right). So go past that road and Mt Angel-Scotts Mills road should be the next major road on your left. You can take that into Scotts Mills and we'll meet up at the park.

Hells yeeeeeayah!

OK, so officially, we're meeting at the park in Scotts Mills. Look at the google map above and my directions, it's not too hard to find. The park is on the left hand side just after you turn right onto crooked finger rd.

12:00 noon it is. I think I get cell reception out there, so if anyone else wants to come just call me so we can wait. I don't have a FRS radio... but I can yell reeeeal loud!!!

hey if you guys deside to do a sunday run up there let me know, i'm interested in going again.

hey scoobyclimbs, if you deside to go up to parksdale on some sunday let me know i would love to go up there too.

i only got my dd going right now but i took it up there when me and pooparu went and good on the trails we went on.