Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yesterday I had to replace my right front tire, & I talked to the tire shop guy about Subaru wanting all 4 tires to be the same kind, size etc. He said that he could match the tire (Michelin Hydroedge - great tires), and that there wasn't enough wear on the original to make a difference.

When I got home, I looked in my files & found that I had put just over 19,000 km (+/- 12,000 miles) on the original set. Is this enough to make a significant difference in tire size? It's been mostly city driving, & I'm not a wild-rump roast driver.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

I had to replace a Toyo 800 Ultra tire with more than that on the set. The wear rating is very similar to the HydroEdge. I think I was around 25,000 km. I drove with the FWD fuse in for a few days until I could jack the car up and wrap a tape measure around the tire. The new tire was about 0.20" to 0.25" more than the others. I pulled the fuse and never had a problem.

You should be fine.

Commuter