Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.5 DOHC IAC valve cleaning

97 Outback, 2.5 DOHC 170,000 miles on intake, JDM replacement engine that I just put in...now I have a P1507 code. I have read the write up on another board for later model engine but anyone have good luck cleaning one on this engine? The gasket is paper not not rubber as well. The valve is getting power and I removed it while the engine was hot and checked and see the valve is still open so I think it just got gummed up since it was fine on the old engine(bad HG). I also checked the resistance between the terminals and I get 10.1 ohms between them, the book says it should be 9 ohms but I suppose this is still fine.

Hope this is as simple as soaking the IAC in some gas. Anyone removed the two top screws?

I would NOT touch any screws other than Attachment screws.

Get some Throttle body cleaner, and spray the crap out of it. When you think it's clean, spray it some more.

You mean the attachment bolts to the intake? I was talking about the two screws on the top?