Ultimate Subaru Message Board

would a connected speedo cable cause CEL to come on..

cause after replaceing some instrument panel lights and after getting it all buttoned back up.i relized that i might not of connected the speedo cable fully.wasn't able to pull dash apart cause i was over my sisters and it had gotten dark by the time i decided to check...well i decided i'd just drive home with no speedo and about half way the CEL comes on.didn't notice the engine running any differently.

so would the lack of speedo cable hooked up fully cause the light to come on? didn't know if there was some kind of sensor or something..

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated,thanks

ok good.at least it's not something serious..

gonna pull it bk apart tomorrow and reconnect cable better.how do i reset code? i don't have to disconnect battery do i?

oh,besideds changing bulbs.some other things i did today to my soob is changed out wiper arm leakage(of course i ended up putting one new section and one old section back in :banghead:,cleaned out heater fan(bunch of leaves an pine needles)

i also meant to re-intall the mufflers silencer..

More Zip ties?:grin:

The computer will reset itself.

funny you mentioned zip-ties...i did that route once and silencer blow out after melting ties.:grin: and got ran over by a truck.it's wedged back in for now.

(better take off now that i have some more back pressure)

yup,after getting it hooked up correctly,the CEL went out..