Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need a heater relay for my loyale

you *could* rebuild your own custom resistor pack.. search "resistor" and you might turn up something. While your searching, any time you find a relevant thread, check the "similar threads" on the bottom of that page; that OFTEN turns up better results than the actual search feature.

okay, the fan is working, the switch is cleaned and working, fan only comes on at level 4, so i'm assuming the relay is dead.

sound right?

anyone have a relay they wanna sell? the pick in pull is to far from my house and my weekend time is precious.

cheers

andrew

Your resistor pack is fried. IF it was the relay none of the speeds would work. The resistor pack has 4 Blue w/stripes wires, and is located inside the Airduct just to one side of the blower motor. remove the 2 screws up into the duct and one of the blower motor bolts to pull it out. They locate it inside the duct to Keep it cool with blowing air. But unfortunately leaves and dirt build up on it, hold moisture, and corrode them to nothing.

Your resistor pack is fried. IF it was the relay none of the speeds would work. The resistor pack has 4 Blue w/stripes wires, and is located inside the Airduct just to one side of the blower motor. remove the 2 screws up into the duct and one of the blower motor bolts to pull it out. They locate it inside the duct to Keep it cool with blowing air. But unfortunately leaves and dirt build up on it, hold moisture, and corrode them to nothing.

ah, that makes sense. the relay diagram looked like it had a resistor, so i thought that was controller. i'll pull it apart and see if i can rebuild it, or get my lazy rump roast out to a pick and pull.

thx

andrew