Ultimate Subaru Message Board

03 GT leg is yet again having issues (we're almost ready to go to the second set of toes). Cd player spits the cds out after trying to play them. Is there a TSB on this or an easy fix. Its my wife's car and is the most unreliable POS I've ever owned. It is very close to becoming a Honda as I simply don't want to spend more time dealing with a freaking 03 with 24k on it then I do on my other 4 vehicles (and one of those is an old stykle Ford PU!)

I have a similar problem on an aftermarket single disk CD player. I finally figured out that the player wasn't spinning the disk -- the label came out in the same position as I put it in after numerous tries. Took it to a car stereo place. They said the insides were so clogged up with dust that it jamed the player (I travel on at least 20 miles of gravel every day). I had them clean it and seal the machine. About two months later same symptoms. Seems that gravel road dust was getting in through the CD slot.

I finally gave up and bought an iPod with a charger/FM transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I have to select my music on the iPod but all the other operations (volume, EQ, etc.) are controlled by the car's audio system. Been working great for about a year.