Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I hate vac lines! help please!

so I can't figure out where these go for the life of me if you know any please help, you'll be my new BFF.

boost.jpg

A. Just checking if that setup is ok or do I need to T it into the BOV on my intercooler?

brakevac.jpg

B. the vac line that comes from around the brake booster does it need a T it had one there when I got the car. Is that plugged into the right spot on the spider manifold?

manvac2.jpg

C & D both come off of the top plug in the manifold later named H. On the mani I got from tex its seen as above. Where do those 2 need to be pluged into? On the mani from russ its plugged. Help ??

uggwtf.jpg

E. The whole line that comes out of that (dillyhopper) where does it go?

manivac.jpg

I know I. Goes to the (dillyhopper) above but what about the rest of them?

char.jpg

O. I think this goes into my intake before the turbo after the MAF. Is that right?

fuel.jpg

P. Is coming from the Fuel filter

can anyone confirm where Q and R go ?

wire.jpg

S. Finally this wire, I have no idea where it goes I can't see anything unplugged in that area. Any ideas ?

thanks a ton in advance guys, I couldn't of even gotten this far without help from everybody.

I am sorry I cannot offer any REAL help, but I couldn't help but notice...

at least you only had to go up to "S," thereby avoiding any confusion between "T" and "tee":grin:

Your car was originally an MPFI turbo right? youre just doing the spider swap?

You SHOULD have a "vacuum hose diagram" on the underside of your hood. If you could con someone with a car that came with the spider manifold stock, to take a photograph of that same diagram, you would be good to go.

the line coming out of the compressor housing is just fine routed into the wastegate. as long as there is no leak in that hose, it will be fine and will allow the regulated amount of boost from the wastegate (8psi i think?) i run the same thing on my stock turbo.

for a line running into the BOV, any vac line will work; i run a T from the same line as the fuel pressure regulator which is right on the intake mani.

O. on mine points straight at the ground, no ill affects yet. :)

my factory serivce manual says the vac line for B. goes straight from the brake booster to the engine, does not need a T. but i would feel better if someone confirmed that.

F. and G. appear to be the same vaccum nipples on the non-spider manifold, but not sure where those go.

wire S. could be a ground since it is black?

thats all i got, my fsm doesn't cover the spider manifold.:(

hope that helped some.

E. Is the Aux Air Valve line. Connects to into opening I on one side of valve and tube E goes to somewhere in the intake plenum after turbo, like into the IC or something.

J goes to N

K goes to M

F and G go down to the 2 hard vac lines that point up towards the Throttle body.

No tee needed in Brake booster line.

Q,R, and P are the Fuel supply, return, and vent. Not sure which is which but supply comes from the Filter, and the vent tube can be followed across the intake to the evap can. the other is the return to the tank.

O goes into the intake boot but after MAF before turbo

Wire S needs to be grounded./ It supplies the main ECU ground.

C and D look like the lines to the intake boot and and Duty solenoid valve. Although from factory there is no nipple there and the lines that G goes to is supposed to supply that vaccum. Perhaps the one "tex" showed is modified to eliminate some of that under intake tubing.

I'm also getting an ecu code of 21 ?

"21 Coolant Temperature Sensor or Circuit " that right?

THAT is most often (on the turbo cars) caused by a foul, corroded connector to the CTS. the sensors themselves DO fail, but it is rare. the consensus seems to be that the best fix is to directly solder the wire to the sensor, rather than clean and continue using the failure-prone plug.