Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel injectors problem

I swapped a 2.2 into a 2000 forester. moved all sensors to 2.2 intake using 2.5 wiring. Spliced injector wires. Engine fired but i two distinct injector problems. Both front cylinders have injector wiring issues. One receives a constant ground signal from the ecu. The other receives no ground signal from the ecu. Both have a hot yellow wire. Traced continuity on ground signal wires to the fire wall. I want to follow the wires to the ecu. Where is it. The wires go thru the fire wall on the passenger side behind the heater box. I know this is a wierd swap, but these injector issues are hard to explain. Thanks for the help. It is an AT car. The 2.2 is a 95 AT car. Swapped cam sensor and crank sensor. Swapped throttle body. Help.

you will most likely get more info under the new subaru info forum lots of very knowledgable folks with good advice. anyway it sounds like you are trying to run a 2.2 engine with a 2.5 harness and ECU just by splicing the connectors for the fuel injectors? post under new subaru and it will most likely also give you some old threads to follow and you might find a wiring diagram that can show you the differences in the harneses. I'd point mor specific but i'm an older model soobie. good luck.