Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check wheel offsets!

So I thought it would be a good idea to have a good set of tyres on the ute over the holiday period, (police out in force, increased holiday traffic, old tyres nearly out of tread).

The best set of matching rims (and the better looking set) and tyres I had left (out of about 6 sets off different parts cars) was the set on the GSR.

Sooo... Swap the rims on the GSR for another set.

Swap the rims on the Brumby for the GSR set, looks a little different, but meh, no biggie I think.

Later that evening go for a quick trip down the road and hear a tick tick tick.

Upon inspection thismorning, the offset of the GSR rims are differnt to that of the white wagon wheels, causing the raised writing on the tyre sidewall to rub the trailing arm (rear) each revolution.

May not have been nice under cornering.

Anyway, just a FYI mostly. As I was under the impression that there was virtually NO difference between the Subaru spec 13's

I may need to measure the rest now just to see what i've actually got...

i would just go to a tire shop and buy some spacers... they are pretty cheap and it sounds like you could get away with using a 1-2mm spacer. however i dunno if they make them to fit our cars...:-\

they are universal however the suby pattern is just so different. i run some on my civic because i have the same issue with the tires rubbing...

Yeah that would probably be viable.

I was mostly just surprized to find the rims had different offsets.

Tire sidewall was rubbing on the bumpstop faceon the rear trailing arm.

Might just get tyres swapped once tire stores open again.

i had wagon wheels (unknown type, just not the gen 1 jackman ones) and the inside lip of the wheel was rubbing on the arm... it was actually just the weight rubbing on it so i removed the weight and replaced it with the sticky ones... clearance is super minimal on these cars... as a matter of fact, the whole rear suspension sucks on them...:rolleyes: