Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! Trying to Remove Door Panel on '00 Outback Sedan

Trying to access the window control switches on my '00 Outback Limited Sedan to see if I can repair the drivers window switch which is positional. I've removed the 2 phillips screws that were under plastic covers on the armrest and at the front of the door panel, as well as the plastic retainer that is behind the cover by the inside door release. I have popped all of the retainers loose around the perimeter of the door panel.

There is still something holding in the area of the door release handle. I can't tell what I have to do to release it and I don't want to force it for fear of breaking something.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have a shop manual for the '00 - '02's?

One more screw is behind of windows control switches. I have taken out the control using wide thin screw driver.

Thanks for the advice! I actually got this link from another site which was a great help too.

http://subaru.fmgreen.net/2ndGenCrutchfieldMasterSheet.pdf

I actually did not have to take the door panel off in order to get the switch cluster out. Simply prying the cluster from the top with a screwdriver will remove the switch cluster and all you have to do is disconnect the wiring to remove them from the door.

I wasn't able to get the bad switch apart though. So it looks like a new switch cluster for me, $114.26 from subaruparts.com .