Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gl 10 sedan

so im going to the bank today and i spot this subaru ea82 sedan. I wasnt intrugued until i saw the gl10 badge on the trunk. I was like score, this thing is beat up i coudl use the lsd rear and the rear disc parts. I scoot over to it and its beat up, rusty dents and whatnot. But i look inside no 4wd button or dual range shifter. Then i look under the back, no rear dif. I was like what the hell:eek: . I thought all gl10s were 4wds. Am i wrong on this

Ben

p.s. i cant be sure on the year though but it was an ea82 sedan with manual tranny with the gl10 badge on the trunk

so im going to the bank today and i spot this subaru ea82 sedan. I wasnt intrugued until i saw the gl10 badge on the trunk. I was like score, this thing is beat up i coudl use the lsd rear and the rear disc parts. I scoot over to it and its beat up, rusty dents and whatnot. But i look inside no 4wd button or dual range shifter. Then i look under the back, no rear dif. I was like what the hell:eek: . I thought all gl10s were 4wds. Am i wrong on this

Ben

p.s. i cant be sure on the year though but it was an ea82 sedan with manual tranny with the gl10 badge on the trunk

*GL-10* is a luxury options package. nothing to do with drive train. Even a 4wd GL-10 would likely be S/R pushbutton 5spd or pushbutton 3AT.

It was the RX that got the Dual Range and LSD(but none of the *luxury* options)

Sunroof, nicer seats, digidash, trip computer, nice door panels, premium stereo (LOL)

I had an 88 Turbo 2wd GL-10 wagon. with auto seatbelts, ugh...

Have an 89 GL-10 Turbo Touring wagon that is FWD with 3AT.

Has the manuel seat belts for some odd reason.

Seem like you should still be able to get the rear disk brake conversion from it and continue the search for the LSD.

Just stripped down a FWD read disk brake yesterday and seems like the set up I purchased for edrach a while back.

I thought the rear disk brake set up was part of the GL-10 package.

Looked on the spec's page but it dosn't list the brake set up used!

So much for up grade parts there.

Nope, Disk brakes came on Turbo cars. Some GL-10s are turbo, but not all.

2wd discs set up will not work for 4wd cars. Rotors and calipers are the same, but the hub that the rotor bolts to is different.

Well, that just blows my cookies. Krapola.

But can't you just unbolt the hub and use the 4x4 hub?

Or is this just wishfull thinking on my part?

2wd discs set up will not work for 4wd cars. Rotors and calipers are the same, but the hub that the rotor bolts to is different.