Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am buying an 08 Impreza, and was curious how to fit my Sirius radio in the picture... The car is prewired for either XM and Sirius, so thats not an issue. I wont have the car for another week bc i am having a moon roof installed and I will be away on vacation for a few days, so it will be ready for when i come back from vacay. Anyway, do I have to set up my radio so it sits on the windsheild or heat/cooling vents or is there another way I can keep it in the center console? Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I have mine tucked into the corner of my windshield on my 08.. I also had the extra aux port installed and I added extra power outlets..then I ran the cords between under around trim etc for the antenna.. since it sound like you have the portable unit similar to me..you use the aux setting on the stereo..the prewire is only if you are having the factory installed unit put in. I can get you a pic of my set up if you like.

I bought my 08 back in early Nov..installed my Sirius within 24 hours cant live without it

I have mine tucked into the corner of my windshield on my 08.. I also had the extra aux port installed and I added extra power outlets..then I ran the cords between under around trim etc for the antenna.. since it sound like you have the portable unit similar to me..you use the aux setting on the stereo..the prewire is only if you are having the factory installed unit put in. I can get you a pic of my set up if you like.

I bought my 08 back in early Nov..installed my Sirius within 24 hours cant live without it

I hear ya, i LOVE my radio...

Yea if you can send me pics of it, when I get the car next week ill play around with it. i installed my radio in my car all rigged under the seats and floor mats and up the side hidden along the rear windsheild, ect. dont want to do all that with this new car!! ;) thanks!