Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear view maplight! interest?!

Zefy

a while ago i upgraded the rear view mirror in the brat to a unit out of a fiat x1/9. this is a pretty cool little mirror as it is smaller (i always found the stocker to be to big), looks cooler, and it has a nifty little map light on the bottom.

i recently found some more NOS fiat mirrors and i'm wondering if anybody here would be interested in one? for the life of me i can't find a fiat club that is on this side of the pond so i'm offering them to suby folk!

haven't decided on any pricing, just want to see if anybody is actually interested first.

IMGP2013-2.jpg

IMGP2014-2.jpg

i also have a bunch more fiat parts so if anybody knows an enthusiast i would like to chat with them to see if they need anything. :)

(don't as why i got a bunch of fiat parts...:rolleyes:)

Edited by Zefy

that's pretty cool! was there much modification needed?

how is the spread of the light? where does it point? passenger? driver? both?

I was thinking of grafting some ea82 map lights into my '82 wagon but I wasn't thrilled about chopping up my headliner or finding a way to mount them... plus they're very squarish...

--Spiffy

the light they produce is not super bright but it is enough to read a map or something.

the stock unit has one plastic bolt that threads into the roof however this one has a bunch of little holes on a removable bracket. i welded this removable bracket to a piece of flat bar then connected the light as normal.

it shines in the middle on the center of the dash however the mirror can be rotated so you can point it from the driverside to the passenger side. worked really well in the brat. i would show a demo pic of the light produced but i don't have it wired up (or the car for that matter).

you can see the plate i made in the first pic.

not sure how this would work on an ea81 car.