Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi All,

I have a 2006 Impreza 2.5i hatchback.

Recently I damaged the trunk floor (middle section that covers the spare) by dropping a semi-heavy suitcase onto it. Now it is bent in the middle. I was fairly surprised to see it get damaged from the drop, but I guess it has its breaking point.

I have been searching the web to purchase this part, but I am unable to locate it. I feel my difficulty is that I am not searching for the correct item or using the wrong part name in my searches. With that said, I have two questions:

1. What is the correct name for this part? I have not contacted the Sooby dealer yet because I figured I could find the part cheaper online.

2. Any ideas or tips to strengthen the trunk floor so this does not happen again?

Thanks for any help!

It's unlikely you'll find that part searching online. It's not a part that would normally need to be replaced. I'd check with the dealership to see if it's even available.

For total overkill, go to sheet metal fab shop, and get them to cut a new one out of .080 or thicker aluminum.

You don't say which state you are in, but a u-pick-it junk yard would be a cheap source. Find one protected in a closed trunk and you should be good to go for a few bucks.

Welcome to the board!

Edited by Suzam

Thanks for the replies people! I appreciate the suggestions and help.

I am not that handy when it comes to fixing stuff, so I ended up ordering the part from my local Sooby dealership here in West Virginia It was not cheap ($135), but I wanted to avoid the frustration of trying to fix the part or tracking it down at a local junk yard. For those interested, the part # is 95066FE041ML.

Anyways, thanks again!