Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guess I should Introduce myself...

Hey gang,

I have been lurking for a while, and posted a couple times but got ahead of myself and never said "hi" first.

My name is Jesse, I live in Salem, Or. I have a '86 GL Wagon that I picked up last year for cheap and have put very little money into, and transformed (so far) into a fun reliable rig. I used to be into the VW scene pretty much, so it was a natural progression over to the Subaru camp. The more I mess with these things, the more of those old warm fuzzy VW feelings I get in my belly. Cheap, reliable, simple transportation. I have experience in the auto technician world, I used to make my living in an underbody shop doing brakes, suspension, custom exhaust and all that jazz. Now, I have a desk type job, which is the most uninteresting thing I could be doing...but in these times...I don't dare leave it.

So far, the wagon is the only Sube in my yard...that will change I am sure. As a matter of fact, an EA81 swap into my '68 VW Bus sounds really interesting, so maybe a half and half in the works. :Flame:

I really, really like this board and love reading the posts here, I was having trouble with my Weber conversion...and got a lot of help from the folks here, of course, my troubles turned out to be something silly and simple...but I am aware of some of the troubles with the EA82 Weber conversions now, particularly the not-so-hot engineering on the adapters..

So that's pretty much it!

Take care and hope to get to know all of you soon!

Jesse