Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had the lower balljoints replaced last year and now i noticed the side that was bad before has really bad toe in. Now when i check out the lower balljoint again its torn. Is there some other suspension component i need to be looking at to tear through balljoints. Or could we of missinstalled it (though i have confidence it was). Just looking for any ideas as it pulls to the right just a tad to make it annoying. Of all my problems with the car this is the one i need to address last but i figured id give it a shot.

Ben

Yes, all EA cars have a positive camber, negative toe set which makes them feel real loose. By loose I mean IMHO, kinda steers like a Cadillac, whereas my custom alignment specs for my XT6 and my RX (XT6 has rear Impreza struts in the front which gives me adjustable camber and my RX has a complete 5-lug conversion with KYB AGXs, coilover sleeves and front camber adjustment) make the cars handle almost on rails. I'm currently runnins a negative camber, 0 toe setting on both cars and definetly makes the cars "sporty" to drive. A comparison... My RX with the conversion and suspension swap, plus my alignment specs handles just as nice as my buddy's '05 STi on Tein coilovers, also which I've aligned... twice.

The EA82 cars have about +.67 camber, +1.4 caster and -0.15 toe in the front.